Family Vacation Packages Offer Free Stays and Meals for Kids, Excursions, Mocktails and Room Upgrades
Saint Lucia (February 22, 2011) – Saint Lucia invites families to “Go Bananas” this summer with their popular family program featuring many of the island’s resorts and excursions. Kids can tap their inner pirate to hunt for treasure with a special “Go Bananas Treasure Hunt,” play in the mud at the Sulphur Springs, go ziplining through the rain forest and mix up delicious banana inspired “mocktails.” And parents will appreciate a special “Go Bananas Express” immigration line, room upgrades, discounts at restaurants and free babysitting.
The “Go Bananas” program includes the following value-added benefits June 1st-September 30th, 2011:
- Kids under 17 stay, play and eat for free
- “Go Bananas Express” special immigration line
- “Go Bananas” kiddy mixology sessions at participating hotels where kids can learn how to make non-alcoholic beverages with bananas. Adult version classes too!
- Saint Lucia discount card and discount booklet for use in many of the island’s restaurants, shops and tours with savings up to 15%
- A choice of complimentary excursions such as ziplining, a skyride, horseback riding, whale watching and heritage tours
- Complimentary room upgrade based on availability
- Complimentary Saint Lucian souvenir for kids
- Complimentary babysitting for parents for one evening at select participating hotels
The “Go Bananas” Treasure Hunt will encourage families to partake in as many activities across the island under four categories “Local Flavor,” “Botanical,” “Aqua Fun” and “Adventure.” Upon completion and collecting “Go Bananas” stickers along the way, they will be entered to win a free return Saint Lucia vacation for a family of four. Full details and terms and conditions are outlined at www.saintlucianow.com.
"Whether it’s horseback riding, visiting the world’s only drive-in volcano, or taking a sail on the Brig Unicorn, the 140ft brig featured in Disney’s Pirates of the Caribbean movie, there is no shortage of family-friendly activities on Saint Lucia,” says Nerdin St. Rose VP Marketing & Sales for the Saint Lucia Tourist Board. “The “Go Bananas” name incorporates our rich history with bananas and its influence on our daily lives and encourages families to really relax and just have fun.”
Participating hotels include: Almond Morgan Bay, Bay Gardens Beach Resort & Spa, Bay Gardens Hotel, Bay Gardens Inn, Coco Palm, Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa, Cotton Bay Village, Discovery at Marigot Bay Resort & Spa, Fond Doux Holiday Plantation, Harmony Suites, The Landings, Royal by rex resorts, St. Lucian by rex resorts, Smugglers Cove Resort & Spa, The Village Inn and Spa, and Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort & Spa.
Participating attractions include: whale watching with Captain Mike’s, Rainforest Skyrides, Desmond Skeete Animation Center, International Pony Club Horseback Riding, Rainforest Canopy Adventure, Eastern Caribbean Diving, Soufriere Hotwire Rides, Heritage tours of Saint Lucia including the Sulphur Springs, and Trims Riding Academy.
For more information about the “Go Bananas Summer Family Program” and the island of Saint Lucia call 1-800-456-3984, or visit www.saintlucianow.com.