“After the Final Rose” Pinterest Sweepstakes Launches
Saint Lucia (March 12, 2014) – ABC’s hit reality series The Bachelor showcased just a few of the romantic locales that span across Saint Lucia. As millions of viewers saw in the season finale of the widely popular reality show, the fiery sunsets, secluded beaches, crystal blue waters, and astounding views of Saint Lucia make it a true Caribbean paradise for couples to fall in love.
ABC’s The Bachelor fans can explore Saint Lucia by clicking through the Red Rose Trail interactive map at https://www.facebook.com/SaintLuciaTouristBoard, which showcases island hot-spots visited by Juan Pablo and his bachelorettes. Couples can follow in their footsteps by hopping aboard a catamaran cruise as the sun begins to set, horseback riding on an exclusive beach and enjoying delectable delicacies at Anse La Raye and Dennery weekend seafood fiestas. For more information about the island tours and special Red Rose Romance packages from leading Saint Lucian hotels and resorts, visit http://stlucianow.com/thebachelor.
And, travelers looking to experience Saint Lucian romance can enter the “After the Final Rose” Pinterest sweepstakes for a chance to win a six-night trip for two, with luxury accommodations provided byCapella Marigot Bay and Cap Maison. Prize winners also receive daily breakfast and a romantic dinner for two. For more contest details and to enter, visit https://www.facebook.com/SaintLuciaTouristBoard.
“ABC’s The Bachelor reveals Saint Lucia’s natural beauty which is ideal for romance with a variety of iconic island activities. We’re thrilled to share the Red Rose Trail interactive map, island tours and resort and hotel offers as a way for travelers to personally experience the island attractions themselves,” says Tracey Warner Arnold, deputy director of tourism for the Saint Lucia Tourist Board.
Although ABC’s The Bachelor might not have ended with Juan Pablo on bended knee, these top ten proposal locations ensure a definite “yes”…
- The Pitons - The two volcanic peaks known as the Pitons, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, are among the most striking natural sights in the Caribbean. Towering almost 3,000 feet out of the ocean, they can be seen from many points on Saint Lucia. Whether adventurous couples choose to hike the Pitons or merely gaze at their magnificence together, the iconic Pitons create the perfect backdrop for a memorable proposal. Choice views can be seen at Jalousie and Anse Chastanet beaches.
- Tet Paul Trail Tour - Located in the South of Saint Lucia, the Tet Pual Nature Trail is nestled on six acres of lush land and boasts spectacular views of Jalousie Bay, the Pitons, and even Martinique and St. Vincent islands on clear days. The 30-45 minute walk, known as the “Stairway to Heaven,” leads to a look-out point with breathtaking views that are more than proposal worthy. For more information, visit http://soufrierefoundation.org/tet-paul-nature-trail.
- Anse Mamin - Remote and accessible only by walking or water taxi from Anse Chastanet Resort, this peaceful beach creates an ideal atmosphere to ask that special question. Couples can spend the day soaking up the sun, swimming, snorkeling, or taking an intimate walk down the secluded beach at sunset.
- Saint Lucia Helicopters - With all the remarkable views and luscious scenery that Saint Lucia has to offer, there is no better way to see the island than from the sky. A heart-pumping helicopter ride is an ideal way to experience the splendor of the Saint Lucian landscape from a birds-eye view. For more information, visit http://www.stluciahelicopters.com.
- Rain Forest Sky Rides – A glide through Saint Lucia’s iconic rain forest on a tram ride offers travelers a different way to experience the giant trees, lush vegetation and vibrant flowers. Adrenaline-seeking couples can zip line through the rain forest, and literally swing through the trees, or try AdrenaLUNA zip line tours by the light of the moon. For more information, visit http://www.rainforestadventure.com/st_lucia_tours_excursions/.
- Pigeon Island National Landmark - The 44 acre island reserve offers a variety of picturesque proposal locations. Pigeon Point is known for solitude and beautiful views extending from Rodney Bay to Martinique. Old world splendor can be found at the military ruins and the lookout point at the top of the fort that boasts idyllic panoramic views. For more information, visit http://www.slunatrust.org/sites/pigeon-island-national-landmark.
- Mamiku Gardens - Rated amongst the best in the Caribbean, The Historical Gardens of Madam de Micoud contain a series of secret gardens filled with tropical flowers and colorful wildlife that create the perfect setting for a fairytale proposal.
- Marigot Bay - The secluded “bay-within-a-bay” is said to be one of the most beautiful natural harbors in the Caribbean. With its white sands, clear blue waters, swaying palm trees, and luxury yachts, Marigot Bay is the definition of a tropical paradise for romantics.
- Horseback Riding on the Beach - Trim’s National Riding Academy promises unique horseback riding experiences perfect for a cherished proposal. For more information, visit http://www.trimsridingstlucia.com/.
- A Sunset Sail Catamaran Ride - As the sun begins to set, couples can hop aboard a catamaran and watch the sky turn into orange and crimson hues while gazing at magnificent views that inspire romance and passion. Nothing says forever like sailing off into the sunset together.
To enter the “After the Final Rose” Pinterest contest, participants must like Saint Lucia on Facebook and follow Saint Lucia on Pinterest. Contestants must repin their favorite moments from The Bachelor Saint Lucia Pinterest Board. Winners will be selected randomly from all entries. Grand prize includes “The Bachelor Saint Lucia” experience for two; including visits to some of the locations from The BachelorSaint Lucia, round-trip airfare and all-inclusive accommodations.