CAPPING A YEAR OF PRESTIGIOUS AWARDS
Noted Hotels and Resorts Take Top Spots in “World Bests” Lists in 2010and 2011
Saint Lucia (February 8, 2011)– With its most recent award as “The World’s Leading Honeymoon Destination” at the World Travel awards,The Saint Lucia Tourist Board (SLTB)unveils a record number ofaccolades and awards received by the island and its hotel partners in 2010and early 2011.“Eachawardand special recognition isa testament of the hard work and commitment of the government andourtourism partners in creating products and services that offer visitorsexemplary vacation experiences,” said Louis Lewis, Director of Tourism for the Saint Lucia Tourist Board.
- For the fifth consecutive year, travel professionals the world over voted Saint Lucia the "World's Leading Honeymoon Destination." After receiving the top Caribbean accolade in this category at the World Travel Awards Americas ceremony in Jamaicain November, Saint Lucia earned even greater global recognition at the 17th World Travel Awards Grand Final Gala Ceremony in London.
- TripAdvisor 2010 Travelers’ Choice Best Destination Awards put Saint Lucia in the Top 10 Destinations in the Caribbean & Mexico region for two categories: Relaxation & Spa as well as Romance.
- Saint Lucia was ranked #7 in the Top Ten Islands in the Caribbean in the 2010 Condé Nast Traveler magazine Reader's Choice Awards.
- Caribbean Travel + Lifegave honorable mention for “Best Festival” for the Saint Lucia Jazz Festival that takes place each May.
- "Best Caribbean Island in 2010" by Portholemagazine.
- The island received the Readers Choice Award for the Sexiest Honeymoon/Romance Destination in theCaribbeanfrom Recommend magazine.
Noted Property Awards:
- Jade Mountain/Anse Chastanet:
- Jade Mountain was ranked #2 top resort in the list of Top 30 Resorts in the CaribbeaninCondé Nast Travelermagazine Reader's Choice Awards.Anse Chastanet was named #7.
- JadeMountainand Anse Chastanet listed on Condé Nast Traveler Gold List 2011 Reader’s Selection of "Best places to stay in the World."
- JadeMountainranked as the #1 top resort for best service in the June 2010 issue of Travel + Leisure and #11 in the August “World’s Best Hotels.”In the January 2011 issue,JadeMountainwas ranked #11 in the World’s Top 25 Hotels list.
- Anse Chastanet andJadeMountainlisted on Travel + Leisure 500 World’s Best Hotels 2011 inCaribbeanregion
- In Caribbean Travel + Life’s annual “Best of the Caribbean” Reader’s Choice Awards 2011JadeMountainwon “Resort with the Best View.” Anse Chastanet received honorable mention in this category.JadeMountainwas also recognized as “Best Romantic Resort” and received honorable mention in the “Best Luxury Resort” category.JadeMountainwas among the top 10 resorts named for“Best Exotic Spa Treatments.”
- Sport Diver chose the iconic view fromJadeMountainfor their 2011 issue of the World's Best Diving & Resorts
- AAA awardedJadeMountainwith the Five Diamond Award for 2010
- Jalousie was ranked #20 top resort in the list of Top 30 Resorts in theCaribbeanin Condé Nast Traveler magazine Reader's Choice Awards.
- Condé Nast TravelerGold List 2011 Reader’s Selection of "Best places to stay in the World."
- Winner of “Best International Property” at the International Property Awards 2010 in association with Bloomberg Television.
- Ladera was ranked #5 in the Top Ten Hotels in the Caribbean/AtlanticinCondé Nast Travelermagazine Reader’s Choice Awards.
- Listed on Condé Nast Traveler Gold List 2011 Reader’s Selection of "Best places to stay in the World."
- Ladera listed on Travel + Leisure 500 World’s Best Hotels 2011 inCaribbeanregion.
- Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa was awardedSaint Lucia’s Leading Hotel at World Travel Awards Americas 2010.
- Sandals Grande Saint Lucian Spa & Beach Resort awardedSaint Lucia’s Leading Resort at World Travel Awards Americas 2010.
- Sandals La Toc Golf listed on Travel + Leisure 500 World’s Best Hotels 2011 inCaribbeanregion.
BodyHoliday LeSport Resort:
- TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice 2011 named BodyHoliday one of the Top 10 Relaxation/Spa Hotels in the Caribbean & Mexico.
- AwardedCaribbean’s Leading Spa Resort at World Travel Awards Americas
- Conde Nast Traveller Reader’s Spa Awards 2011 “Favorite Overseas Spa Retreat”
East Winds Inn:
- TripAdvisor named East Winds Inn one of the Top Ten All Inclusive Hotels in the World for 2011. This is the fourth straight year the property has won this award.
- East Winds Inn is also the recipient of the Virgin Holidays award for Best Small Hotel in theCaribbeanfor three consecutive years at the London World Travel Market.
Inn on the Bay onMarigotBay:
- TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice 2011 namedInnon the Bay one of the Top 10 Bargain Hotels in the Caribbean & Mexico.
- BayGardensResorts received the Interval International Premier Resort® award from Interval International. The annual award recognizes resorts that provide outstanding vacation experience with state-of-the-art conveniences and modern features.
- For more information about theislandofSaint Luciacall 1-800 456-3984, or visit www.saintlucianow.com.
One of the Windward Islands of the West Indies' Lesser Antilles, Saint Lucia (pronounced Saint LOO-sha) is nestled halfway down the eastern Caribbean archipelago. The "Helen of the West Indies," Saint Lucia is known for its natural beauty and diverse attractions, including the signature Piton Mountains - a UNESCO World Heritage Site - a tropical rainforest and one of the world's few drive-in volcanoes. Culturally rich offerings include the bustling marketplace in the capital of Castries, quaint fishing villages along the coastline, and the annual Saint Lucia Jazz festival. Saint Lucia's wide range of accommodations includes world-class five-star resorts, all-inclusive resorts, intimate inns and value-oriented properties.