Meet Sandy Serville, Tourism Information Officer at the Saint Lucia Tourism Authority based at the Hewanorra International Airport. The Young professional hails from the south of the island and has been employed within the industry from 2013, starting with the St. Lucia Tourist Board and subsequently transitioning with the Saint Lucia Tourism Authority.
She holds an Associate Degree in Business Administration from Sir Arthur Lewis Community College. She recently achieved a Certificate in Hospitality and Tourism Management from Florida Atlantic University and with the changing climate has pursued a Certificate in Fundamentals of Digital Marketing from The Open University, iab.europe endorsed.
Sandy’s experience in the tourism industry, customer service, and data entry has helped her to advance in her field and with the management of entry requirements amid the global covid-19 pandemic, lending assistance to the approval of Travel Registration Applications via the web-based portal. Her regular duties also entail the entry of visitor arrival data by markets, assisting clients with information, and weekly reporting on flight load factors.
Here is what Sandy enjoys most about the job.
• The opportunity of meeting people of all walks of life especially the celebrities. It makes work exciting as I am privileged to meeting this diverse group of people.
• Its fulfilling when you can help visitors through booking accommodations, excursions, selling your country or its history etc.
• Skills acquired can be transferable to other careers.
• Site Inspections of the varying accommodation properties and partaking in all excursions that makes it easier to deal with visitors, as you would have lived the experience that you want them to have.
According to Sandy, one of the quotes she lives by was coined by Mary Engelbreit “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.”
Here are some fun facts about the young professional.
• She enjoys a good laugh and is very jovial.
• Enjoys movies/series in my leisure time.
• Very adventurous
• Very openminded
• She a lover of animals (dogs to be more specific.)